Parish Nursing: Health ... Healing ... Caring
How does Parish Nursing Ministry work at Redeemer?
The Parish Nurse at Redeemer
- Serves as a resource for health and wellness by:
- Directly arranging health related programs
- Offering blood pressure checks and cholesterol checks
- Reflects God’s love through professional and personal caring and confidentiality
- Knows the community resources that are available; direct those in need to the appropriate resource; assist members to utilize and understand the health care system and services.
- Provides help in formation of support and discussion groups in areas related to physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Jan Dicke, RN-Parish Nurse
Iva Kietzmann, RN-Parish Nurse
Lowell Dale, MD
Cari Loos, RN
Sarah Reppert, MD
Roger Toomey, RN
Barbara Wallskog, RN
Kathy Zarling, RN
Redeemer's Health Cabinet, in partnership with the parish nurse, is formed to help implement this ministry to make health and wellness a part of Redeemer Lutheran Church’s Christian life and growth. People with competence and/or interest in health care areas are included on the cabinet.
Parish Nursing Ministry at Redeemer Lutheran Church is not a substitute for pastoral care, Stephen Ministry, medical care, community health nursing and social agencies. The focus of this ministry is on prevention and health promotion rather than hands-on physical care. This ministry does not provide physical care, administer medications, draw blood or do other invasive procedures.